Reddened eyes what natural remedies to use
Reddened eyes, what natural remedies to use?
There are several causes and factors that can cause eye redness. The reddened eyes Are the result of dilation of superficial blood vessels present in the sclera, the white part of the eye. They are often caused by too many hours in front of a pc screen.
What causes reddened eyes
Although red eyes may depend on some diseases (more or less severe) such as infections (conjunctivitis, blepharitis, shingles, keratitis) or glaucoma and tumors of the eye, there are other behaviors or environmental conditions that cause them, such as:
- Having cried a lot
- having consumed a lot of alcoholic beverages (since these have a vasodilating effect) or taken drugs
- Exposure to a strong wind or for a long time to sunlight
- The presence of a foreign body in the eye or contact with irritants
- the use of contact lenses
- a very strong cold, flu or cough
Depending on the diagnosis, different medications and treatment will be prescribed by the doctor.
However, in milder cases of reddened eyes and when they more than anything else result from certain behaviors, one can use some effective natural remedies as:
- chamomile, because of its soothing properties, it helps relieve inflammation; it will be enough to prepare an infusion of chamomile, let it cool and soak cotton pads to keep on the eyes for about 20 minutes
- cold milk, To be placed on the eyes like chamomile tea; this also has soothing properties
- fennel seed infusion, also useful for relieving irritation
- cucumber, it will be sufficient to hold thin slices on the eyes for about a quarter of an hour
- carrots, it will be sufficient to boil them, cut them into slices and lay them on the eyes for a few minutes
Especially for the many workers who work in smart working and therefore spend a lot of time in front of the PC, it is advisable to rest the eyes from time to time.
The employer must allow 15 minutes break every 2 hours (so those who spend a lot of time at the PC, could use this expedient to avoid the problem of red eyes).